North Wales Golf Club is situated along the Conwy Estuary, with the Great Orme to the North, the railway, Maesdu Golf Course and the Vardre to the east and Conwy mountains to the South.
As can be seen the golf course is bordered by houses on two sides, but still functions as a virtual green area which contains a wide range of flora and fauna. The golf course was originally stock farm in the 1800, with heavier land t
the east free draining Sandy soil to the west, bordered by the estuary The prevailing winds from the West, so that the 11th fairway and green are sometimes completely covered with sand from the beach. Because the course contains a variety of habitats, it serves as an important reserve for many grasses flowers, fungi insects and mammals. Although to the golfer is the setup of the course, its main attraction in particular the fairways and greens, it is in areas of the maintains its biodiversity.